Wednesday, October 26, 2011

"boxed" office


When you’re alone you get to think about a lot of things. I was early for work today (as usual), since I started working; I have never been late for work. I usually have my breakfast in the office. Sa katahimikan ng office may mga pumasok sa isip ko about my cubicle:
  1. Chikahan place: It has been a place of kwentuhan during down time at work. When few of my co-officers would just sit beside my table and started sharing practically about anything and everything. In these small talks that most of the great ideas at work was born.
  2. Guidance/Principal’s Office: It served as the primary office for my staff who needs some "spanking". In the rare occasion that I get disappointed with their performance, the walls of my cubicle has been a witness to our small talks and most of all hurrahs for a job well done.
  3. Confession room: For my fellow officers, who shared their sentiments about work, our boss, on handling people, shifting careers and life’s other non-such.
  4. Shock absorber: For some reason, ang cubicle ko ang hingahan ng sama ng loob ng co-officers ko. "Busy ka ba? Pwede dito muna ko." "Sure.", suddenly they would start sharing and one thing I knew umiiyak na. It’s a good feeling that you’re officemates and friends trust you. It’s also good for them to know that amidst the busy sched, cluttered table and horrible deadlines, there’s someone who’s willing to listen. Naging comfort zone na nila ang cubicle ko.
Most of all, my cubicle has been a witness to my silent cries when I learned about my status. For a month, when everyone else is in chaos, I was there working silently. Some officemate would ask why I do I look sad or quiet, I replied by simply shrugging. It has also witnessed how I bounced back and moved forward. I love my cubicle; it’s funny how my officemate would always say, "Ang linis ng cubicle mo, nakakahiya naman sa table ko." I take that as a compliment, I know I have this tendency to be OC. Besides, most of my time is spent within this small box, I have to make sure na malinis and comfy ang work place ko.

I will miss my cubicle when I go back to my mother unit. For now, I have at least 6 more months to make another good memories with it and the people to share it with.




No comments:

Post a Comment