Saturday, August 06, 2011

8th day

It's been eight days since I started taking the ARV's. So far, no major side effects other than vomitting. If there's a contest on how many times you have to rush to the washroom to puke, I'll be a contender. There are day or two that I really feel sleepy and can't help but to doze off in my cubicle at work. Yes, I didn't take a leave from work even when I started the ARV's, thinking that I will do so if and when something major came up while I am on the window period. Leaves saved.

There are days last week when I thought that the inevitable is coming. For two consecutive days, I felt muscle and joint pains when I woke up. But it faded after taking a hot shower. Temperature is closely monitored, so far, 37.9 being the highest. I still feel feverish at times, I would immediately take my body temp and rest for a bit. Good thing I have a very understanding colleague, that when I told her that I need to rest for a bit or take a power nap, she would gladly say, "Go ahead, we can manage. I'll just wake you up when needed." But of course, I feel guilty.

Next week I am scheduled to see my doctor again. Hopefully until then, nothing unusual comes up.

Together with my sister and friends, we are still hoping and praying for the best.

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear you are ok so far with the meds. I go to PGH too, so does another friend. Be friendly with the doctors and nurses. They will be your constant support system. Good luck on your meds. It will do wonders. And yeah, you may wanna take Vit E with Selenium, once a day. You can get it from Mercury over the counter. Ask your doc first. Ingat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Green! Thanks. I just got home from the hospital. I was confined for 3 days. It's not the ARV's that sent me to the hospital, it's my prop - azithro. I had gastritis. But I'm ok now. I was given anatcyd. I have a friend also who goes there. Ang dami pala natin who goes to PGH.

    Thanks again and stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete