Saturday, July 09, 2011

Sister Act

I've been wanting and planning to do this since day 1. But really don't know how to.

Last night, I finally got the chance to talk to my sister.

She asked me right away, "Bakit may problema ka?"...It's unusual for me to dropby their place without the kids around, I usually go there to play with the kids. I simply said "Oo". And so I told her everything.

At first she was confused, I am not expecting her to understand everything. What she knows now is that I have to start the medication right away, on July 27 we will be going to PGH for the counselling before I start taking the ARV's.

No drama - not the big one that I expected. We cried a bit.

Me: "Ang una kong naisip our parents, I know that I have to take care of them."

Ate: "Wag mo na isipin yun."

Me: "Pati mga kids. Alam mo naman na ayoko malalayo sa kanila (me being afraid that doctors might ask me to stay away from them)."

Ate: "Hindi, wag mo iisipin yun"

Me: "Sorry, kasi binigyan pa kita ng iisipin. Sorry, kasi pasaway ako."

Ate: "Hindi ako galit. Wala kang pwedeng gawin an ikakagalit ko. Ang importante ngayon alagaan mo ang sarili mo."

And this made me cry. Hearing that from my sister. I know that there are still questions in her mind right now. But what's important is knowing that I have her support and love.

Needless to say more, thank you Ate and I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment