Wednesday, July 27, 2011

reality bites

We do this almost yearly, but this is the first time I went out of the country with the "thing". I am excited and a bit scared on day one as I don't know what will happen to me within the next 3 days. And I am not even on ARV's. I was supposed to meet my doctor today to get my first set of meds, but I received an SMS from Doc last night as soon as I got through the friendly immigration officer. "Lets meet on Friday, bumabaha na sa taft." (Yes, I am a PGH guy). So, after taking a leave from work for 4 days, I have to take a day off again to meet with my doctor. As originally planned, when I got my meds today, I will start by weekend, to give room for the side effects. Just in case, I can go immediately to the hospital and meet my doctor.

After four days of relaxation, sight seeing and SHOPPING - yes, I shopped literally 'til I dropped. For a while I almost forgot that I am sick. Walking from 9am until 8pm. It's like going to work, and extending a bit, only you go to malls and stores. Happiness!

And now back to reality. I have to go to work tomorrow. Have to make reports. I need to submit everything tomorrow because I have to take a day off again on Friday. I have to go for now, I still have to unpack my things, sort some pasalubong.

Back to being paranoid about the "thing" .

No comments:

Post a Comment